Saturday, September 22, 2012
The Mistress. (Movie Review) Posted at 10:51 PM 0 comments (+)
Watched The Mistress yesterday. I don't like how it ended. But I do love the lines though. So tonight I will make a movie review about the movie. 

The Mistress is a 2012 Philippine romantic melodrama film directed by Olivia Lamasan, starring Bea Alonzo and John Lloyd Cruz. This film also celebrates the 10th anniversary of John Lloyd and Bea's partnership as a love team.


Federico Torres, Jr. (John Lloyd Cruz) plays a Ferrari-driving coño kid/architect who has shallow affairs with (presumable) junior socialite types. One day he meets a lovely young woman named Sari (Bea Alonzo) who works for a small but thriving tailoring shop run by an old tailor (Tony Mabesa, whose voice and presence is utterly wasted as supporting cast) with irate clients (Gabe Mercado, who has the best lines in the movie) and cheeky employees (K Brosas is awesome). Despite her seemingly wholesome existence, Sari leads a secret life: she’s the mistress of a rich old man (Ronaldo Valdez) whose boozy wife (magnificent Hilda Korel) reveals to her son the name of his father’s mistress. It’s a tangled web, to be sure: full of complicated relationships and emotional baggage which is fodder for crying and flinging insults, lots of confrontations and more crying. Aside from the rather brilliant acting of the supporting characters (including a chubby child actor whose name escapes me, the leggy Carmi Martin, the vastly underrated Nor Domingo, and Anita Linda, who is truly a national treasure)—The Mistress is just another cheesy two hanky drama with a rather nice ending but a truly unfortunate dream wedding sequence. It is what it is. 

I jotted down a couple of memorable lines from The Mistress. Check them out below. 

Spoiler alert: If you're planning to watch the film, don't read further because some lines will spoil the story and interconnection among the characters.

“Di dahil gusto mo, makukuha mo! – Sari Alfonso (Bea Alonzo)”

“I’m getting tired of flirting with you. I like you, you like me. Ba’t nga ba di ko pwedeng makuha ang gusto ko? – JD Torres (John Lloyd Cruz)”

“This my dear is your gift to me. Don’t worry Rico, mas cheap ito kaysa sa balak mong iwan sa kabit mo. – Regina (Hilda Koronel)”

“Pwede ko ba syang gustuhin? – Sari Alfonso (Bea Alonzo)”

“No because I bet you, I’m a damn better lover. – JD Torres (John Lloyd Cruz)”

“Walang babaeng pinangarap maging kabit! – Sari Alfonso (Bea Alonzo)”

“Layuan mo ang asawa ko, tagalog yan para maintindihan mo! – Regina (Hilda Koronel)”

“As long as I am alive, you will never be promoted to wife.”

“Ang daming dahilan para hindi kita mahalin. Pero may isang dahilan para ‘di ko magawa yun. Mahal kita. Yun lang yun.”

“Anong karapatan mo, kabit ka lang!”

"Tapusin mo na para hindi ka masaktan."
"I can't. When I married him, for better or for worse... I love him."


“He keeps on doing that to you because you keep on forgiving him.”

“Alam mo kung ano ang kaya kong gawin na hindi kaya ng Mr. Thursday mo. Kaya kitang pakasalan. Sa akin, wala kang kahati.”

"Sari. Finally. Isang linggo ko rin pinag-isipan ang pangalan mo. Gusto mong magkape? Kasi ako, gusto kong magkape kasama ka."

"Have I told you how much I hate Thursdays?"

"It's Thursday. It's the day of the week that hurts me... He is with her every Thursday, every fuckin' Thursday fuckin' her."

"So the next time you call her a whore, I'm going to hurt you so bad so you can't say those words again. Ever."

"Yes, I am Mrs. Torres, the wife and the mother of the two men willing to kill each other for this bitch."

One of the most dramatic confrontation scenes from the movie.

JD: Do you love me?
Sari: Oo, pero
JD: Sari
Sari: Hindi ko iiwan si Rico
JD: Bakit hindi mo siya maiwan?
Sari: Umalis ka na
JD: Is it the money?
Sari: Mukha bang pera ang habol ko sa kanya?
JD: Kundi pera ano? Sex?
Sari: Kung oo. Titigilan mo na ba ako?
JD: No! Because I bet you. I'm a damn better lover.
Sari: Tama na!
JD: You enjoy being some old man’s dirty little secret ganoon ba?
Sari: Walang babaeng pinangarap maging kabit.
JD: Then get out.
Sari: Mahal ko siya.


"Eh kasi, hindi ako madaling mahalin."

"You know I don't like that woman. I hate her."

"I'm not giving up. Have coffee with me."

"Makukuha ko dahil gusto ko. Gusto ko talaga."

"My gosh. You are so beautiful."

"Because you deserve someone better."

"Because you know, if you want it, you can have it back."

"Another gold digging queen? Who's your newest whore?"

"Rules? Ganun ba talaga relationship niyo? Covered by rules?"

"I'm not expecting you to say it back. Gusto ko lang maramdaman mo na mahal kita."

"Yung Thursday na finally sasabihin mong gusto mo ako maging Mr. Everyday."

"I cannot share you with any man."

"Are you falling in love with me?"
"Oo. Limang taon. Limang taon na kuntento lang ako sa kung anong meron kami ni Rico. 'Di ako nagreklamo. 'Di ako naghanap... Tapos dumating ka. Nagsimula akong magtanong."
"Hindi mo malalaman na may kulang hanggang walang darating na mag-pupuno."

"Horrible. Shameful little secret."

"If only you will let me. If only you will choose me."

"Paulit-ulit kitang nasaktan. Pero you know I love you."
"But I also know I'm never enough."
"Maybe that is the reason why I have to die para hindi na kita masaktan."

"Kung mabuhay man ako ulit, I'll make sure I'll never hurt you again."

"Siguro sa kunwari nalang natin pwedeng mahalin ang isa't-isa."

"Gusto kong maniwala na he died a happy man. He wasn't perfect but he was a good man."

So that’s just it for now! I know I can share more after watching the film And by the way, it takes a lot of effort to compile all these so give credits and have fun sharing.

Labels: , ,

About
Underconstruction. Moved to wordpress.
Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.